Wow, it has been a busy couple of weeks, but I wanted to take some time to share some super exciting news; I was nominated TWICE for a Liebster Award. What in the world is that you ask? It’s a blog award given by other bloggers. In order to be nominated, another blogger must like your blog enough to nominate you! And then you are required to answer the questions they sent for you, nominate other bloggers, ask them questions and provide more tidbits of info about yourself.
Thank you, thank you to Jules and Sinziana for your nominations! I am so honored. I did answer each of your questions, however, I participated in the other “rules” one time only. (That was a lot of nominations and questions!!!). So here goes…..
Eleven questions from Sinziana
1. What is your favorite topic to write about?
I love writing about my children, because they’re pretty amazing and adorable and I am kind of find of them! My daughter is my mini me and a mirror into myself (woooo am I scary sometimes!) and my son is my little buddy (he’s kind of attached and so am I!).
2. What kind of free stuff do you like to offer to your readers?
Um, my amazing sense of humor, free of charge, no cost to you, at a moments notice it is available. I also try to offer my support. I write often about my experiences with my son who has Down syndrome and I attempt to be as transparent as possible. I have had the opportunity to meet a lot of wonderful people through email and comments, and I always attempt to send some kind of response or encouragement.
3. What is your favorite color and where do you use it?
My favorite color is blue. Believe it or not though, there isn’t a lot of stuff that is in my house or wardrobe that is blue!
4. What are your favorite 3 Christmas movies?
Elf, The Christmas Story, and The Nativity
5. If you could change something in your life, what will you change and why?
I wish that I could convince myself to have more confidence when it comes to writing and sharing. I had a friend of mine suggest that I am a reluctant writer, I had to ponder that bit and decided that I am fine with writing and enjoy it immensely, I’m just a reluctant sharer.
6. What is your favorite magazine?
What are magazines? I haven’t had much time to read a magazine in a while. The ones that I do read consist of recipes, craft ideas and nursing journals (I do love me some nursing journals!).
7. Name 3 bloggers that inspire you – and their websites.
Meriah Nichols was she pens a blog called “A Little Moxie“. Her daughter has Down syndrome, but that isn’t what makes this blog so incredible. Meriah is a down to earth, realistic and take no crap from anyone kind of woman. I love her fresh perspective on life.
Amber at “Crazy Little Projects” is another one that I adore. I love to think of myself as crafty (a Pinterest mom wannabe) and her stuff is incredible and doable! I have used a lot of her tutorials for crafts for the kids and to inspire things of my own.
Katie at “For Elysium” challenges me. She also write with a sense of transparency that I appreciate. She loves her children fiercely and is willing to advocate and be a champion for change for her family.
8. What Social Media platform do you prefer?
I like Facebook, a lot. I have a twitter account, but I always have too much to say when it comes to tweeting.
9. What is your dress style?
Anything that will hide whatever mess the kids have made on me. I like comfy, I’m a tshirt, jeans and pony tail kind of girl.
10. List 3 things that you would love to do but you don’t have time right now.
Sew more, read more and write more!
11. What do you prefer to have at dinner?
Anything that is fast and easy. I usually eat what the kids are eating or my husband and I like to make our dinner after the kids go to bed sometimes.
Eleven Questions from Jules
1. What does a typical day in your life look like?
My husband is up at six. Our daughter is up by 7 at the VERY latest, I hear her. She usually spends some time with her daddy. He lets me sleep in until eight whenever he can (that’s right, be jealous). Gabe gets up, he is almost alway poopy, a nice little “good morning parent” gift. Then it’s breakfast, if I eat any (never loved breakfast). Kids get ready to go to preschool, drop off, come home, try to quickly clean up, then off to nap for me. Get up go pick up kids, afternoon snack, dinner, off to work for me (see why I took the nap?). I moonlight as a labor and delivery nurse, off at seven and home to get kids ready for preschool, drop off and home to bed!
2. How long have you been blogging?
Since September of 2014. Three whopping months!
3. Why did you decide to start blogging?
I decided to start blogging when I was pregnant with my son, um he’s two now…. I got my final push to actually go for it, when I saw a friend and blogger posting her amazing statistics, news and articles. She challenged me to move forward.
4. What is the best piece of advice anyone has ever given you?
Stop reading the comments, unless they are on your personal page
5. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go?
I would like to cruise to Hawaii, I have always wanted to visit there and I love cruise food!
6. What is your dream job?
Getting paid to write and being a labor and delivery nurse. I’ve got one of my dream jobs, just working on the other one.
7. If your life was a book, what would the title be?
8. If your book was made into a movie, who would play you?
Sara Drew, I think she’s adorable and I would love to be portrayed as adorable, but I also LOVE her goofy haphazard acting. She’s quirky and her sense of humor in “Moms Night Out” is right up my alley.
9. What is one skill you have always wanted to learn?
To shoot a gun. Skillfully, I would like to be able to hit what I’m shooting at…
10. How do you unwind after a stressful day?
Playing with my kids and watching them play with their dad.
11. If you had a whole uninterrupted day to yourself, what would you do?
I would listen to a book on tape while getting an hour long massage, followed by a pedicure, sushi and however long of a nap I wanted.
11 Random Facts About Me
1. I change the lyrics to most songs to suit my needs, or my mood for the day.
2. I am 18 years older than my littlest brother
3. I hated school, loved learning, but hated school
4. I typically introduce myself to my patients by saying “I’m Sherry, I will be your flight attendant for today”
5. I like to play kids video games, because I can win
6. When I can’t sleep at night I count backwards from 599, by twos swapping from evens to odds every ten numbers.
8. If someone in another car catches me dancing fanatically in my car, I usually turn around and pretend like I am doing it for my kids. Even when they aren’t in the car.
9. I loath speaking in public, I always get word vomit, I turn “Bob the Tomato” red and sweat like I’m in the Sahara desert.
10. I once wrote a speech about dog poop, and had to read it in front of my entire communications class. See number 9 to get a sense of how that went
11. I received the Distinguished Cadet award my senior year in high school. Those who know me find it hard to believe that I was in JROTC.
Eleven questions for the nominees
1. What is your favorite thing about being a blogger?
2. Name 3 bloggers that inspire you – and their websites.
3. If you could open up any business, what would it be and why?
4. What makes you smile?
5. What’s under your bed?
6. If you could be committed to a cause/charity, which one would it be and why?
7. If you had a chance to say one thing that would be broadcast to everyone in the world, what would it be?
8. Grab the nearest book. Turn to page 12. Write down the 1st line.
9. What kind of person is your alter ego?
10. What’s your drink?
11. When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up?
I am nominating!!!
1. Maggie from YoSoyLaLay
2. Katie from ForElysium
3. Angela from 4 Us Mama
4. Jessica from Lildonbro
5. Endless Conundrum
6. Human With Uterus
7. Letecia from Embracing Wade
8. Parenting Do Over
9. Beau’s Mommy video blog
10. Jules from One Ruud Mom
11. Brandyn from Life Motherhood and the Pursuit of Hapiness
Follow Hand Me Downs via
Facebook or Twitter